2015 PHRMA Strategic Management Conference
The Call for Presentations is now open for PHRMA’s 10th Annual Business Management & Strategy Conference. This event will be held May 20, 2015 at the Oregon Convention Center, and the audience is human resources professionals.
Click to download the Call for Presenters Form. Submissions are due by December 31, 2014.
Register for Our Events
January Luncheon: Managing Organizational Change
Guest Speaker: Stephanie Hartman
January 21, 2015
11:30am - 1:00pm
DoubleTree - Lloyd Center
HRCI - Pending
Bring your most challenging organizational change concern for this interactive program!
Description: Some organizational change is clearly in the realm of Human Resources, such as rolling out a new employee benefits program, imposing a temporary hiring freeze or instituting annual performance reviews. However, organizational change occurs throughout any organization. Human Resource professionals who are seen as strategic partners and experts in the "soft stuff" in their organizations are sought out to support change in their organizations regardless of the type of change. Since recent polls of company executives list challenges around managing organizational change as one of their top 10 concerns, savvy HR professionals would do well to get smarter on how to support the managers and leaders in their organizations in addressing both the tactical and emotional aspects of change.
In this program, Organization Development Consultant, Stephanie Hartman will share some of the theories and models about Organizational Change and provide practical tools and templates for use in your own organization. A case study from a facility move for a non-profit will be featured for illustration purposes. Come with your challenging organizational change in mind since this interactive program will include table exercises to practice the application of the tips and tools.
For each of the topics below, participants will learn tips, get a checklist or template, and hear an example:
- Identify and enroll a guiding team
- Develop and deliver key messages
- Develop change metrics
- Make change stick
Stephanie Hartman has successfully provided Leader, Team and Organization Effectiveness consultation in several industries: Higher Education, Financial Services, Technology, Construction, Government and Defense, Agriculture, Non-Profits.
Stephanie has a Master of Science degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Lamar University and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with special studies in Human Resources from St. Mary’s University.
PHRMA Town Hall: SHRM Certification Information
January 14, 2015
4pm - 5pm
DoubleTree - Lloyd Center
**Free for all attendees, but RSVP (before January 12th, 2015) is required
Please join us in welcoming our SHRM Field Services Director, Dianna Gould for a Town Hall meeting to discuss the new SHRM Certification, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP. We know there are a lot of questions regarding the SHRM Certification and Dianna is here to provide updated information and answer your questions.
Here are some key things you should know about the SHRM-CP and the SHRM-SCP and PHRMA's response:
- SHRM Members with active HRCI certifications may take a simple tutorial starting January 5th, 2015 which will allow them to get a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification at no cost. This opportunity is open until December 31st, 2015.
- You may keep your HRCI Certification. The SHRM Certification will have no impact on that.
- If you are planning to receive your HRCI Certification before January 31st, 2015, you can take the tutorial in 2015 to receive your SHRM Certification as well.
- If you do not have an HRCI Certification and would like to test for the new SHRM Certification, you can sign up to take the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP beginning in January.
- Testing for new SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP candidates will begin in May 2015.
- The cost will be $300 for SHRM Members and $400 for non-SHRM Members.
- For 2015, PHRMA will offer both HRCI and SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP credits (SHRM calls them PDC's) for our programs. We will continue to offer the certification credits desired by our members in the future.
For more information, you can click the following link: SHRM Certification
We hope to see you at our Town Hall Meeting with SHRM Field Services Director, Dianna Gould!
Please remember to RSVP!
Interested in the PHRMA Mentorship Program?
Make a resolution to focus on your professional and career development in 2015.
Send an email to: Allison Brown HRandTrainingAllison@gmail.com or Dana Pratt DanaPratt@comcast.net or visit the mentorship program page to learn more.
For membership information please click the link above or Contact the PHRMA Office:
503.655.6474; Email: ChapterDirector@portlandhrma.org or
Request by mail to:
Portland Human Resource Management Association
121 SW Morrison, Suite 900
Portland, OR 97204